Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing location of iTunes backup

Hi, i'm having trouble backing up iphone to itunes using windows. The backup folder is set to an almost full disk, so I cannot backup properly. How can I move the iTunes backup folder to another disk?

Thanks in advance

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 9:45 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Aug 2, 2021 8:53 AM in response to Boscie

Hi Boscie, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are looking to change the destination folder for your iTunes backup.

As mentioned in the article below, "we do not recommend that you edit, relocate, rename or extract content from your backup files, because these actions might ruin the files."

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

Take care!

Aug 29, 2021 5:21 PM in response to Boscie

Boscie wrote:

Hi, i'm having trouble backing up iphone to itunes using windows. The backup folder is set to an almost full disk, so I cannot backup properly. How can I move the iTunes backup folder to another disk?
Thanks in advance

See Relocate iOS device backups. Review the rest of the Make a split library portable user tip for advice on organizing the library on external storage.

tt2

Aug 28, 2021 4:56 AM in response to kamote0628

If Apple does not recommend as such, Apple should provide or allow us to change the backup destination. Restricting the backup location only on Drive C does creat trouble to most of us as it is the system disk which is usually set to small capacity or on a SSD to get the system work effciently. The backup files are usually large and consume so much space.

We'd like to beg Apple to allow such a capability i.e. backup destination change.

Do please consider!!!

Changing location of iTunes backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.