Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can any iPhone connect to the Apple Watch 6?

Will the ECG function of the Apple Watch work with any iPhone that supports the app or only certain models?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 12:41 PM

It would be so much easier for us if you phrased your question this way:

”I have an iPhone [this model] running iOS [this version number]. It is paired to my Apple Watch 6 running WatchOS [this version number]. Does this pairing support the ECG app [in this country]?”

3 replies

Aug 1, 2021 7:40 PM in response to sberman

Thank you for your kind suggestion.

I am considering purchasing an Apple Series 6 watch and an iPhone to watch for any potential a-fib issues I may be developing in my elder years. Reading the documentation on the watch it provides information on the ECG functions and that it connects to some health application on the iPhone but I don't know if it performs better with one iPhone or another. (I'm told it won't work with my Samsung Android.) It's not stated in the documentation that some specific iPhone is needed but it also lacks information on the amount of memory or storage that is necessary to record what is needed.

Should I assume the Series 6 watch will work with any iPhone that can run the app?

Again, thank you

Can any iPhone connect to the Apple Watch 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.