Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup Failure

My phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting while the backup is going on. I’m not sure how to fix this.

I just got a new phone (iPhone 12 mini) and was able to restore it from my iPhone 6s but now my new phone won’t back up to iTunes.

I am a PC user, and I made sure everything was updated.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 4:19 PM

KathJohnson Said:

"Backup Failure: My phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting while the backup is going on. I’m not sure how to fix this.

I just got a new phone (iPhone 12 mini) and was able to restore it from my iPhone 6s but now my new phone won’t back up to iTunes. I am a PC user, and I made sure everything was updated."

--------

Some Thoughts:

A. Start here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your PC - Apple Support

B. Any Security Software?:

If you have Security Software on your PC, then open it, asking sure that it is not blocking out the device.

C. View Device Manager:

See if this is seen in Device Manager. Go here: Open Device Manager | Microsoft Help

D. Microsoft Agent:

You might need to chat with Microsoft about this. So, Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2021 4:19 PM in response to KathJohnson

KathJohnson Said:

"Backup Failure: My phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting while the backup is going on. I’m not sure how to fix this.

I just got a new phone (iPhone 12 mini) and was able to restore it from my iPhone 6s but now my new phone won’t back up to iTunes. I am a PC user, and I made sure everything was updated."

--------

Some Thoughts:

A. Start here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your PC - Apple Support

B. Any Security Software?:

If you have Security Software on your PC, then open it, asking sure that it is not blocking out the device.

C. View Device Manager:

See if this is seen in Device Manager. Go here: Open Device Manager | Microsoft Help

D. Microsoft Agent:

You might need to chat with Microsoft about this. So, Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

Backup Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.