Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OneDrive files not appearing in "Recents" of the Files app

I have both Dropbox and OneDrive connected to the Files app but I notice that the Dropbox files I open on the Files app appear on the "Recents" folder but not the OneDrive files. Anyone notice the same issue as well? Is there a reason for this and, more importantly, is there a fix out there?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 2:00 AM

There are no compatibility issues with OneDrive or other cloud storage providers.

Integration with the native Files App usually requires installation of the cloud-providers App - such as Microsoft Drive or Google Drive. Any functionality issues associated with third-party cloud storage is most often attributable to the associated helper-App.

I can replicate the behaviour that you observe; documents opened from OneDrive do not, apparently, shown in the Files App Recents. Repeating the same test with Google Drive, upon opening a file, the Recents list is updated. You yourself have confirmed anticipated behaviour with DropBox.

On this basis, it is perhaps reasonable to infer that the issue is not with the Files App, but more likely with the OneDrive app-integration. As such, you would be best advised to seek advice and assistance from the App Developer - Microsoft.

Microsoft has an extensive support network, including technical forums where you can seek help with Microsoft products and software.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 2:00 AM in response to urbanroamer

There are no compatibility issues with OneDrive or other cloud storage providers.

Integration with the native Files App usually requires installation of the cloud-providers App - such as Microsoft Drive or Google Drive. Any functionality issues associated with third-party cloud storage is most often attributable to the associated helper-App.

I can replicate the behaviour that you observe; documents opened from OneDrive do not, apparently, shown in the Files App Recents. Repeating the same test with Google Drive, upon opening a file, the Recents list is updated. You yourself have confirmed anticipated behaviour with DropBox.

On this basis, it is perhaps reasonable to infer that the issue is not with the Files App, but more likely with the OneDrive app-integration. As such, you would be best advised to seek advice and assistance from the App Developer - Microsoft.

Microsoft has an extensive support network, including technical forums where you can seek help with Microsoft products and software.

OneDrive files not appearing in "Recents" of the Files app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.