Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent files not showing In Pages, Keynote, Numbers, Text Edit, and Preview

I am on Monterey 12.6.

When I open applications On my Macbook Air and Mac Studio, my recently used files are not showing in Pages, Keynote, Numbers, Text Edit, and Preview.

I don't sync these applications to iCloud and don't want to. I work on files on my computer. Is there a setting I can update to see recently used files in these apps?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 10:18 AM

Quit all of the mentioned applications after saving any content changes. Ordinarily, one sets the quanta of application Recent files in System Preferences > General:

Then, Open Recent will begin to show files after you have used the application at least once on a file. Files that you remove from the operating system will not be removed from the Open Recent list until newer files replace them there.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2022 10:18 AM in response to andreaball

Quit all of the mentioned applications after saving any content changes. Ordinarily, one sets the quanta of application Recent files in System Preferences > General:

Then, Open Recent will begin to show files after you have used the application at least once on a file. Files that you remove from the operating system will not be removed from the Open Recent list until newer files replace them there.

Recent files not showing In Pages, Keynote, Numbers, Text Edit, and Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.