Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing not asking on iphone only on macbook

Family sharing use to work fine, my son would request a download from the appstore on his iphone and i would get the notification on my iphone and i would approve it.

A couple of months ago I stopped getting the notification on my iphone, i only get it on my macbook now and im forced to enter my password.

how can i go back to the way it was before?

ps, this article doesnt address the issue: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201089

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 4:35 PM

Found a bunch of similar posts, all without a solution. Apple obviously doesnt know what it is, they just pretend to know by posting related yet useless articles.

thanks anyway

3 replies

Aug 1, 2021 10:45 PM in response to santiagoev

If you miss an Ask to Buy notification, you can find the request in Notification Center on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. If you still don't see your Ask to Buy requests, check which Apple ID you're signed in with, check your Family Sharing settings, and make sure that you're on a supported device

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

Family sharing not asking on iphone only on macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.