Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage and screen recording

Well, I recently got a new iPad, and it’s supposed to be 128GB and even at barely 10 apps not including the ones it comes with, and only 20 photos and 6 videos, it can’t do anything else. It’s out of storage, and from what I know, 128GB is way bigger than 32GB which is what my phone has, and my phone can have like 17 apps not including the pre- given apps and like 300 photos and 40 videos?! So I’m really confused!! There’s plenty of storage left but apparently I’m out of iCloud storage which I’m not, and I screen recorded a video that I thought was funny, it worked, then it didn’t save, and I lost the video so now I’m really annoyed and I’d like an answer please!

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 10:23 PM

Read here to get up to speed on storage => What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

And depends on your settings whether it is save to iCloud or locally on your device.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud. To see more detailed information about how apps and services are using your storage, tap iCloud Storage or Manage Storage.

Make more space available in iCloud

If you run out of iCloud storage, your device won’t back up to iCloud, new photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photos, and iCloud Drive, other iCloud apps, and text messages won't stay up to date across your devices. And you can't send or receive emails with your iCloud email address.

You can free up storage in iCloud by deleting content that you're not using:

Before you delete anything, you might want to archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2021 10:23 PM in response to Madiee

Read here to get up to speed on storage => What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

And depends on your settings whether it is save to iCloud or locally on your device.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud. To see more detailed information about how apps and services are using your storage, tap iCloud Storage or Manage Storage.

Make more space available in iCloud

If you run out of iCloud storage, your device won’t back up to iCloud, new photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photos, and iCloud Drive, other iCloud apps, and text messages won't stay up to date across your devices. And you can't send or receive emails with your iCloud email address.

You can free up storage in iCloud by deleting content that you're not using:

Before you delete anything, you might want to archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud.

Storage and screen recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.