Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Account Authentication Failed

I recently got the new MacBook air m1. I set it up, logged into all my accounts and everything seemed to be fine. A few weeks later, all my google accounts in mail became offline and stopped showing new mail. I tried turning them back on and it kept asking for me to authenticate my account and it kept failing. I tried removing the mailboxes but it didn't work. I removed the entire account from system prefrences>internet accounts but it still kept showing me that the authentication failed, please try again later. I then checked my google accounts and it showed that my previous laptop which is not logged into any of my accounts to be the main account. I can't seem to figure it out. Can someone please tell me what to do?

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 8:16 AM

Visit https://www.google.com/gmail/about/ and make sure the email is able to be checked there.

Enter the preferences of the account which usually is an ellipsis or gear icon when you are visiting their website. Make sure IMAP email checking is checked, and setup the IMAP account in your Mac OS X Mail. Google account authentication methods and servers may have changed, but IMAP methods are more standard than the Google setup you might find on Apple's Mail software.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 8:16 AM in response to AlvinYadav

Visit https://www.google.com/gmail/about/ and make sure the email is able to be checked there.

Enter the preferences of the account which usually is an ellipsis or gear icon when you are visiting their website. Make sure IMAP email checking is checked, and setup the IMAP account in your Mac OS X Mail. Google account authentication methods and servers may have changed, but IMAP methods are more standard than the Google setup you might find on Apple's Mail software.

Google Account Authentication Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.