Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP PSC 1210 scanner You do not have permission to open the application HPScanner

Hello,

I recently updated to Big Sur 11.5.1 and I cannot scan with the HP PSC 1210 all-in-one printer I was using and successfully scanning with, before the update. When I try to scan and press the SCAN button the system gives me the message: "You do not have permission to open the application HPScanner"

Is there any solution anyone can share. I'll greatly appreciate your help.

Cheers!

I have a MacBook Pro 13" 2016

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 4:52 PM

I did a search and I cannot find the HPScanner app. Is it missing and that is why I cannot use the scanner? How do i get it back, if so?

If it was missing, you wouldn’t get that message.

I have no idea where HP installs it’s helper apps. Maybe look in /Library/Application Support for an HP folder or something related to the printer/scanner.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 4:52 PM in response to pachis

I did a search and I cannot find the HPScanner app. Is it missing and that is why I cannot use the scanner? How do i get it back, if so?

If it was missing, you wouldn’t get that message.

I have no idea where HP installs it’s helper apps. Maybe look in /Library/Application Support for an HP folder or something related to the printer/scanner.

Aug 25, 2021 11:11 AM in response to pachis

Just wanted to say I had this exact same problem – upgraded to Big Sur (as part of transitioning to an M1 Mac) and, although I could print to my ancient HP printer, it refused to scan. Found and control-clicked on the HPScanner app to open it as recommended here, and although nothing visible happened, I am now once again able to scan with Preview or ImageCapture.

HP PSC 1210 scanner You do not have permission to open the application HPScanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.