Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera connectors

I have an old IPAD, 3rd generation, Ver. 9.3.6 and the 30 pin USB camera connector.

I want to use a cord with USB plugs on both ends and plug one USB port on the 30 pin connector and plug the other end into a USB hub.

I want to charge the IPAD while using it and also add a mouse. Will the IPAD be able to read all of this and accomplish what I want to do?

Thanks!

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 12:11 PM

To my knowledge, the 30-pin Camera Connector is not designed to charge the iPad via USB. As such, if the iPad charges at all using this arrangement, it will be incredibly slow.

The iPad2 does not support a Mouse or external trackpad. Mouse support was introduced with iPadOS13 - which to which iPad2 cannot be upgraded; iPad2 is limited to iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only) or iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi+Cellular).

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 12:11 PM in response to Busybee1952

To my knowledge, the 30-pin Camera Connector is not designed to charge the iPad via USB. As such, if the iPad charges at all using this arrangement, it will be incredibly slow.

The iPad2 does not support a Mouse or external trackpad. Mouse support was introduced with iPadOS13 - which to which iPad2 cannot be upgraded; iPad2 is limited to iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only) or iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi+Cellular).

Camera connectors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.