Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB camera adaptor not working

The Apple made USB camera adaptor used to work before iOS 14.7 was installed. I get the message re: Not enough power. I have always been able to plug in the Lightning power cable and I could see that it was powering the iPad. Now, after the “upgrade”, the adaptor does not work. I can see that the power cable does not pass through the adaptor to power the tablet. I have tried a powered USB hub, no luck. I have tried different USB devices. What bugs me is this used to work beautifully. I plugged in a Zoom H6 recorder for Zoom Meetings and it worked fine. What has changed in iOS?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 3:37 AM

Disconnect the Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter from the iPad - and directly connect the Power Adapter’s USB cable to the Lightning connector of the iPad. Verify that the iPad is charging.

If the iPad shows that it is charging from the Power Adapter, whilst still connected to the Power Adapter, force restart the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After the iPad successfully restarts, verify that the iPad is still charging. If charging, disconnect the Power Adapter cable from the iPad - and connect the cable directly to the Lightning port of the Camera Adapter. With the Power Adapter connected first to the Camera Adapter, you can now connect the Camera Adapter pigtail cable to the iPad.

If you have followed this procedure exactly as described, your Camera Adapter is hopefully recognised by the iPad. If not - proceed as follows…

Note that Lightning plugs can be connected in two orientations…

Disconnect the Camera Adapter pigtail from the iPad (the Camera Adapter still being connected to the Power Adapter) - and reconnect the Camera Adapter pigtail upside-down (reversing the Lightning plug). Does this resolve the problem? If the problem is resolved, the Camera Adapter plug is either dirty or faulty.

If necessary, repeat for the Power Adapter connection to the Camera Adapter. If this resolves the issue, then the USB cable that connects the Power Adapter to the Camera Adapter is likely to be the issue.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 3:37 AM in response to Tangelus

Disconnect the Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter from the iPad - and directly connect the Power Adapter’s USB cable to the Lightning connector of the iPad. Verify that the iPad is charging.

If the iPad shows that it is charging from the Power Adapter, whilst still connected to the Power Adapter, force restart the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After the iPad successfully restarts, verify that the iPad is still charging. If charging, disconnect the Power Adapter cable from the iPad - and connect the cable directly to the Lightning port of the Camera Adapter. With the Power Adapter connected first to the Camera Adapter, you can now connect the Camera Adapter pigtail cable to the iPad.

If you have followed this procedure exactly as described, your Camera Adapter is hopefully recognised by the iPad. If not - proceed as follows…

Note that Lightning plugs can be connected in two orientations…

Disconnect the Camera Adapter pigtail from the iPad (the Camera Adapter still being connected to the Power Adapter) - and reconnect the Camera Adapter pigtail upside-down (reversing the Lightning plug). Does this resolve the problem? If the problem is resolved, the Camera Adapter plug is either dirty or faulty.

If necessary, repeat for the Power Adapter connection to the Camera Adapter. If this resolves the issue, then the USB cable that connects the Power Adapter to the Camera Adapter is likely to be the issue.

Aug 10, 2021 8:16 PM in response to LotusPilot

I have the same problem as listed above after I updated my iPhone 12 to iOS 14.7.

I tried all the steps above. The only difference for me is that the camera adapter works for me for about 5 mns and then I get the message.

I used the camera adapter with my iPhone camera video to get better audio recording. The camera adapter is attached to a small audio interface.

Why do I get the message in the middle of a recording? I wonder if there are background apps running that interfere with the amount of amperage needed to power my audio interface?

USB camera adaptor not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.