Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapters, yes genuine Apple A1619

Hi,

Running IOS 16.3.1

I don’t know if I’m going crazy or not but I tried to connect my camera to this adaptor (yes I powered. It up) with apple charger but it does not register my :

• camera (switched on and off)
  • my Orico HD docking station (its powered up as well with sep adapter as well
  • tried my usb sticks, comes back as “requires too much power”
  • My Samsung note 9, all camera it does is beep, tried all camera settings

I even tried this adaptor on 3 other iPads, iPad 4, iPad 6 and also on my IPad Air 2, doesn’t work on any of them, it charges all of them when I plug it in but none will not register on iPad files app as connected.

Im sure I have connected phone, h/d adaptor and even USB sticks before and they all worked, am I going senile or is this adaptor faulty or is is a settings or software problem, seems unlikely as it effects all 3 iPads, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

iPad

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 8:08 AM

To provide sufficient power for the USB drive, you’ll need to connect a Power Adapter (charger) rated at least 12W to the auxiliary Lightning port of the Camera Adapter. The iPad, on its own, except for very low power devices, cannot supply adequate power for connected USB storage devices. The Power Adapter supplied with your iPad, with the appropriate cable, is likely to be adequate.

Be aware that many third-party Power Adapters may be unsuitable - as they do not support the USB PD (Power Delivery) protocol; proprietary charging standards are not supported by Apple devices.

In all cases, connected USB storage must have a single data partition - and be formatted as FAT32, exFAT or APFS. iPad cannot read multi-partition devices, or proprietary device formats (such as NTFS).

If making a direct USB connection to your camera, ensure that the correct connection mode has been selected. Your camera must be in MTP mode; PTP won’t work.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2023 8:08 AM in response to Ipadpro5g

To provide sufficient power for the USB drive, you’ll need to connect a Power Adapter (charger) rated at least 12W to the auxiliary Lightning port of the Camera Adapter. The iPad, on its own, except for very low power devices, cannot supply adequate power for connected USB storage devices. The Power Adapter supplied with your iPad, with the appropriate cable, is likely to be adequate.

Be aware that many third-party Power Adapters may be unsuitable - as they do not support the USB PD (Power Delivery) protocol; proprietary charging standards are not supported by Apple devices.

In all cases, connected USB storage must have a single data partition - and be formatted as FAT32, exFAT or APFS. iPad cannot read multi-partition devices, or proprietary device formats (such as NTFS).

If making a direct USB connection to your camera, ensure that the correct connection mode has been selected. Your camera must be in MTP mode; PTP won’t work.

Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapters, yes genuine Apple A1619

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.