Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac book pro Flicker and glitch during shut down

I replaced my Mac book pro 13 inch display on 3rd july. It is observed that the new display get flicker and glitch during shut down at the end. It shows rain bow colour. Same reported to service center but they said that they are not found any problem even after send videos of shut down process and snap .

pls. Guide me how to resolve it .

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 7:14 PM

While it is unusual I have seen this computers over the years. In fact I am working on one Apple laptop where it has a similar but slightly different graphical issue which flashes a corrupted image on the screen for a split second during Shutdown.

Connect an external display and enable mirroring. Does the issue occur on both displays or only on the built-in display? If it only appears on the built-in display, then the laptop's built-in Display Assembly is at fault. Otherwise it is likely a GPU/memory issue, although perhaps software could be interfering with the shutdown process/screen.

You only have a 90 day part/repair warranty so make sure the tech documents your visit within their service portal so that Apple knows you mentioned the problem during the 90 day part/repair warranty. If the tech won't help you, then speak with the manager/owner. You can also take the laptop to another Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to see if they may be able to assist you or address the issue.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 7:14 PM in response to vipul53

While it is unusual I have seen this computers over the years. In fact I am working on one Apple laptop where it has a similar but slightly different graphical issue which flashes a corrupted image on the screen for a split second during Shutdown.

Connect an external display and enable mirroring. Does the issue occur on both displays or only on the built-in display? If it only appears on the built-in display, then the laptop's built-in Display Assembly is at fault. Otherwise it is likely a GPU/memory issue, although perhaps software could be interfering with the shutdown process/screen.

You only have a 90 day part/repair warranty so make sure the tech documents your visit within their service portal so that Apple knows you mentioned the problem during the 90 day part/repair warranty. If the tech won't help you, then speak with the manager/owner. You can also take the laptop to another Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to see if they may be able to assist you or address the issue.

Aug 4, 2021 12:00 PM in response to vipul53

From the moment you choose Shutdown, ANYTHING that happens, and especially anything that shows up on the display is undefined, and Apple will not respond to requests to fix, and will say it does not diverge from Specs.

These issues are usually caused by extremely minor oversights in programming, where one group thought the other group was already blanking the screen.

If the features you really care about are working, do not lose any sleep over it. This is not an indication of failure.

Mac book pro Flicker and glitch during shut down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.