Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts

recently ive switched from my old ip5 to an ip8+, my brother is currently using the old one, but the new contacts in my new phone keeps popping back to my old phone which is very inconvenient. ive logged out my icloud and ID on my old phone already, please help how could i fix this ?

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 7:51 PM

haileyghj Said:

"Contacts: recently ive switched from my old ip5 to an ip8+, my brother is currently using the old one, but the new contacts in my new phone keeps popping back to my old phone which is very inconvenient. ive logged out my icloud and ID on my old phone already, please help how could i fix this ?"

-------

Set this Up Anew:

When giving your phone to your brother, you should sign out of it (which you reportedly did), and then should set it up anew. Your brother would then sign into it on his account. Here is the link to do so: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Don't Share your Login:

Moreover, you should not share your Apple ID with anyone whomsoever. That way, you can avoid purchase issues, and the like.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 7:51 PM in response to haileyghj

haileyghj Said:

"Contacts: recently ive switched from my old ip5 to an ip8+, my brother is currently using the old one, but the new contacts in my new phone keeps popping back to my old phone which is very inconvenient. ive logged out my icloud and ID on my old phone already, please help how could i fix this ?"

-------

Set this Up Anew:

When giving your phone to your brother, you should sign out of it (which you reportedly did), and then should set it up anew. Your brother would then sign into it on his account. Here is the link to do so: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Don't Share your Login:

Moreover, you should not share your Apple ID with anyone whomsoever. That way, you can avoid purchase issues, and the like.

Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.