Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot update my MacBook Pro macOS

I cannot update my MacBook Pro macOS (I have Mojave 10.14.4) to BigSur. There is 35GB of disk space. I did partition the drive to dual boot to Windows10 (to use few specific programs :-(. When I launch the update It keeps failing and to launch the update and begin the download process. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 9:59 PM

Does your MacBook Pro meet the requirements to upgrade to macOS Big Sur.

How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

These are the macs that can upgrade to macOS Big Sur,

MacBook introduced in 2015 or later

MacBook Air introduced in 2013 or later

MacBook Pro introduced in late 2013 or later

Mac mini introduced in 2014 or later

iMac introduced in 2014 or later

iMac Pro

Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later

A minimum of 35.5GBS of hard drive space is required, but as the installer app is 12.6GBs you should aim

to have over 50GBs free.

Whenever downloading from Apples Servers use a cabled connection to your router.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 9:59 PM in response to Mike0007

Does your MacBook Pro meet the requirements to upgrade to macOS Big Sur.

How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

These are the macs that can upgrade to macOS Big Sur,

MacBook introduced in 2015 or later

MacBook Air introduced in 2013 or later

MacBook Pro introduced in late 2013 or later

Mac mini introduced in 2014 or later

iMac introduced in 2014 or later

iMac Pro

Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later

A minimum of 35.5GBS of hard drive space is required, but as the installer app is 12.6GBs you should aim

to have over 50GBs free.

Whenever downloading from Apples Servers use a cabled connection to your router.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

Aug 4, 2021 1:56 AM in response to Mike0007

User wrote " I did partition the drive to dual boot to Windows10 (to use few specific programs " was this done via BootCamp or manually. Perhaps the remaining partition for macOS is too small to handled the Empty Space Requirements for the upGrade to Big Sur. If so, decision time to remove Windows Partition and allocate the space back to Single Partition.

I cannot update my MacBook Pro macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.