Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I answer a silenced call

My iPhone is set to silence spam calls but sometimes I need to answer the silenced call. A little banner pops up to tell me it silenced a call but if I click on it, it starts calling the number instead of answering.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 5:59 PM

My phone is not set to silence incoming spam calls as I do not know how to do that. It just started doing it on its own. But I asked Amazon to call me today, And my phone decided that it was a spam call and silence the call and I could not get the call to come through for me. So I need to know how to deal with this issue and be able to decide who is spam and who is not. And how to set this up in advance. Thank you so much for your cooperation.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2021 5:59 PM in response to Laurie_Iphonexr

My phone is not set to silence incoming spam calls as I do not know how to do that. It just started doing it on its own. But I asked Amazon to call me today, And my phone decided that it was a spam call and silence the call and I could not get the call to come through for me. So I need to know how to deal with this issue and be able to decide who is spam and who is not. And how to set this up in advance. Thank you so much for your cooperation.

Aug 4, 2021 8:19 AM in response to Laurie_Iphonexr

Yes, I agree that is something Apple should have included and maybe they will do so in a future iOS release. I use this feature as well, but found it a bit annoying that sometimes I do get calls from someone I know, but they use a different phone number ... or, at least, one that I didn't associate with Contacts yet.

I suggest that you submit your suggestion directly to Apple here: Product Feedback - Apple

How do I answer a silenced call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.