Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer do not launch and stuck on error message "Your computer restarted because of a problem" and when I tried to reinstall the macOS on the device I was unable to select the disk and the error message was that the disk is unmounted

My computer do not launch and stuck on error message "Your computer restarted because of a problem" and when I tried to reinstall the macOS on the device I was unable to select the disk and the error message was that the disk is unmounted.

VMware, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 7:52 AM

It sounds like your computer doesn’t know it has a hard drive - this might be because the SSD is damaged or that the partition is very corrupted. In either case you’ll need to start in Mac OS recovery. This Apple help page will get you started: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/about-macos-recovery-mchl46d531d6/mac

If you have an Intel based Mac your best bet is to attempt an Internet recovery. If you have a new Apple Silicon based Mac it is a little bit different.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 7:52 AM in response to MohamedSamir7018

It sounds like your computer doesn’t know it has a hard drive - this might be because the SSD is damaged or that the partition is very corrupted. In either case you’ll need to start in Mac OS recovery. This Apple help page will get you started: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/about-macos-recovery-mchl46d531d6/mac

If you have an Intel based Mac your best bet is to attempt an Internet recovery. If you have a new Apple Silicon based Mac it is a little bit different.

My computer do not launch and stuck on error message "Your computer restarted because of a problem" and when I tried to reinstall the macOS on the device I was unable to select the disk and the error message was that the disk is unmounted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.