Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LOST PHOTOS - Didn't all upload to my iCloud from old phone!

I had to hand in my phone back to my ex-employer as I left the company a month ago. The night before I tried uploading and saving everything to the drive, as I had been paying for increased storage etc, however my photo's kept pausing and now I have lost 2 years worth of photos. I have 2015-2018 and 2021, but nothing in-between.

Can I restore all these old photos to my phone as they were on the final backup my phone did? I've looked for them on iCloud photos and cannot find them, but hoping they'd be saved as part of the old backup?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 8:21 AM

Only if you made the backup to a computer and it included those photos. You would need to restore your device from that backup, which will be at the expense of anything new, so make a new backup of your device too (on a computer)

1 reply

LOST PHOTOS - Didn't all upload to my iCloud from old phone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.