Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Can I recover fully deleted photos from the ICloud.

I impulsively deleted something’s from my phone last night and completely cleared them from my recently deleted. Today I tried to load an old ICloud save and I can’t find the photos anywhere. I thought things were backed up to the iCloud where they could be recovered, separate from the data on the IPhone itself.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 10:43 AM

Photos are not backed up to iCloud. Rather, they are synced to iCloud. That means, when you delete them on your phone, they get deleted from everywhere they are synced to. Unless you had the photos on a computer that was backed up, they are gone. Unsolicited advice: take advantage of the Deleted folder as much as possible and let things sit there until they age out

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2023 10:43 AM in response to Crobinson_sd

Photos are not backed up to iCloud. Rather, they are synced to iCloud. That means, when you delete them on your phone, they get deleted from everywhere they are synced to. Unless you had the photos on a computer that was backed up, they are gone. Unsolicited advice: take advantage of the Deleted folder as much as possible and let things sit there until they age out

Can I recover fully deleted photos from the ICloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.