Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidental Click and Drag on MBP Trackpad

I'm on my third Macbook Pro now, with a Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2018) running a 2.8 GHz 6-core Intel Core i7.

These trackpads are much larger than previous models and it takes some getting used to. Occasionally (while mousing around using the trackpad) I find I'm inadvertently clicking and dragging items on the desktop, or selecting a bunch of stuff and accidentally moving it or relocating it, or worse.

Seems like I'm missing a System Preference setting? Does anyone else have this problem?

I just changed a setting under Trackpad called CLICK. I set this to FIRM - I forget what the default setting was. Will this stop this problem from happening?

Besides using a wired or wireless mouse, any other suggestions that I can try?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 6:51 AM

Hi Tom Hanser, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing challenges using the built-in trackpad of your MacBook Pro. The article below may help. Change Trackpad preferences on Mac

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply

Accidental Click and Drag on MBP Trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.