Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Edit Pictures in Photos Anymore

I'm not sure when this changed but I can no longer edit my pictures in the Photos application on my M1 Mac. I have many years worth of pictures that I've been able to edit before. I'm not sure if this is related to Big Sure or the M1 specific OS or something else. I did follow the Apple instructions to repair the Photos library but that didn't resolve the issue. All of my pictures have the 'Edit with' specification regardless of how recent, old or what device was used to take them or if they were imported from another application like FB etc.

Mac mini, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 12:07 PM

Hi

Tell me if I'm misunderstanding, but you don't use "edit with" to edit photos in the Photos app. That menu is for editing in external applications. To edit in Photos, select the image, then hit enter key to go straight into edit mode, or double click to open image full screen then click edit button. (You can also use space bar to open full screen, or press enter when showing full screen instead of clicking the edit button)

If that is what you are trying to do, what happens? Any error messages?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 12:07 PM in response to Javier Chavez1

Hi

Tell me if I'm misunderstanding, but you don't use "edit with" to edit photos in the Photos app. That menu is for editing in external applications. To edit in Photos, select the image, then hit enter key to go straight into edit mode, or double click to open image full screen then click edit button. (You can also use space bar to open full screen, or press enter when showing full screen instead of clicking the edit button)

If that is what you are trying to do, what happens? Any error messages?

Cannot Edit Pictures in Photos Anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.