Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

file sharing

A new SSD portable drive cannot be shared across my home network. In System Preferences > Sharing > File Sharing, this disk under Shared Folders says: “You cannot give other users access to this shared folder because it isn’t available.” Permissions are set as Read and Write for all users. Suggestions???

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 8:21 PM

Thanks for "calling me out" on that bogus report about using the old file system for TimeMachine backups with an SSD on a network. I went back to APFS, reset the permissions, put it on the network, and now I've got it up and running. (I'll post a link to that bogus report if I can find it). Thanks.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 8:21 PM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks for "calling me out" on that bogus report about using the old file system for TimeMachine backups with an SSD on a network. I went back to APFS, reset the permissions, put it on the network, and now I've got it up and running. (I'll post a link to that bogus report if I can find it). Thanks.

file sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.