Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey File sharing problem

I have a new MacBook Pro Max and am trying to share files with my network. I have given Read Write permissions to a folder. I can see the folder on other machines but none of the documents inside the folder. How can I remedy this?

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 6:39 AM

the credentials you use when to make the connection from a remote computer must be exactly the credentials needed to see those same files (as if you logged in directly). The computer holding the files will be verifying them against its accounts.

If you can see a folder, but not the files inside, what are the permissions? you need at least valid READ permissions to see inside a Folder. The files themselves must have valid read permissions to see their sizes, and valid read/write permissions to change them.

Remember that you must be checking these from the Remote computer to get the permissions seen from there, which may not be the same as the permissions provided to a local Admin User..

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 6:39 AM in response to Paul Wootton

the credentials you use when to make the connection from a remote computer must be exactly the credentials needed to see those same files (as if you logged in directly). The computer holding the files will be verifying them against its accounts.

If you can see a folder, but not the files inside, what are the permissions? you need at least valid READ permissions to see inside a Folder. The files themselves must have valid read permissions to see their sizes, and valid read/write permissions to change them.

Remember that you must be checking these from the Remote computer to get the permissions seen from there, which may not be the same as the permissions provided to a local Admin User..

Monterey File sharing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.