Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uk Holidays in calendar not updating for year 2022

I’m having trouble with the calendar function! I am subscribed to UK Holidays, which should automatically fill in the calendar with bank holidays, all of 2021 holidays are showing, but none are showing in 2022. Has anyone got any ideas please?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 2:20 AM

A workaround for this problem, which it appears is not going to be fixed any time soon, is to subscribe to an external .ics calendar by following the steps below:

1. Tap “Settings” on the Home screen
  2. Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
  3. Select “Add Account…”
  4. Select “Other”, then “Add Subscribed Calendar”
  5. Enter https://www.officeholidays.com/ics/united-kingdom, then tap “Next”
  6. Tap “Save” to finish. 

After completing the above steps, Public Holidays will be marked in the calendar on your mobile device.

If the fix is not for you, it's a simple case to remove the subscribed .ics

169 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2022 2:20 AM in response to Scruty

A workaround for this problem, which it appears is not going to be fixed any time soon, is to subscribe to an external .ics calendar by following the steps below:

1. Tap “Settings” on the Home screen
  2. Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
  3. Select “Add Account…”
  4. Select “Other”, then “Add Subscribed Calendar”
  5. Enter https://www.officeholidays.com/ics/united-kingdom, then tap “Next”
  6. Tap “Save” to finish. 

After completing the above steps, Public Holidays will be marked in the calendar on your mobile device.

If the fix is not for you, it's a simple case to remove the subscribed .ics

Aug 6, 2021 8:32 AM in response to Scruty

Hi Scruty,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We are happy to help with providing you information about calendars for iOS. "The Holidays calendar is a subscription calendar. You can’t add or delete holidays in the Holidays calendar, because subscription calendars can be modified only by the calendar provider."

Get more information about adding calendars to iOS in Set up multiple calendars on iPhone.

Cheers!

Jan 11, 2022 9:53 PM in response to Scruty

Try this below, it worked for me.

1. settings
  2. general
  3. Language & region
  4. (if on Uk) change to USA and see if the bank holidays return, if it does, then change it back to Uk and then the bank holidays return for Uk for 2022, 2023 and so on. Must be a glitch in iOS 15.2 that resets it.

hope that helps - it worked for me.

regards Barry

Dec 20, 2021 2:16 AM in response to Rob-uk-info

Hello,

We rely on our phones for everything, from conducting business to social events, hospital and doctors appointments, everything. A working calendar is an essential tool.

I too attempted to subscribe to a UK calendar because it was missing from iCal. Unfortunately it still does not appear for 2022. See screenshots below for comparison 2021 - 2022.

Region/language/Time zone are all correctly set.

Of course third party subscribed calendars may not necessarily take into account one off changes within national holidays. Attempting to get it back by apple has resulted in all personalised events such as appointments for next year being wiped from

my iCal.

When there is little difference between the cost of these devices and some small cars, the least the phone can have is a working calendar. I’ve had that many issues with my relatively new handset last week that my retro solution has been to purchase a Filofax and physical wall calendar.

A combination of software glitches and hardware issues. Including dead pixels (on first start up), blinking flashing screen, screen latency, as well as Battery capacity which is currently reducing at 1% per week (compared to as new). Well within warranty, Apple in store were about as useful as chocolate teapots, and lying to my face I take umbrage to. It’s a known issue, that means it’s been raised by multiple consumers, and engineers are apparently “working on it”, in store they will factory reset and lie that it’s not a known issue and will restore overnight… it does not! When an advisor in store tells a customer who happens to be an actual software engineer to turn her phone off and on again it’s the most frustrating thing.

Apple will not repair or replace the handset. I managed to log a complaint through their telephony advisors.

It’s very upsetting how they treat consumers, and adding insult to injury they refer to themselves as engineers in store, I would not trust advisors in store to engineer a cup of tea never mind a phone!

More people should be speaking up through webchat/telephony and letting apple know about these issues like calendars, it may seem insignificant, but this can have real world consequences. And if they aren’t willing to listen, how can they improve?

if anyone finds a solution or receives resolution from apple please let me know here.

Aug 10, 2021 9:42 AM in response to Scruty

Hi Scruty,

Have you been able to see calendar events beyond a year in the past? Being that subscription calendars can not be modified, it might just be they are set up only to show Holidays for the current year. However, there is not a way to confirm that with subscription calendars. Are you able to verify if the same thing happens if you check a different device using the same calendar? Perhaps that could tell us more.

Hope that helps!

Aug 11, 2021 5:47 AM in response to Scruty

I am having the same issues . I have no auto UK holidays for 2022 showing . I usually get them at least a year in advance in order to plan for the Bank holidays and Easter etc . I am not getting them on my iPhone SE, my iPad Air or on my Mac Book. It is important to get them sooner than later. I rely on them .Especially if we are given bonus / extra Bank holidays!

Sep 8, 2021 1:59 AM in response to XXXXXXO

Since my message on August 20th I've had this email from Apple Support, which doesn't take us much further:

Our engineering Team have just reverted on the issue of the missing UK holidays calendar items after 2021.

This issue is currently under investigation by Apple Engineering Team.

Apple has received reports of the symptom you describe and is currently investigating this issue. Keep your software up-to-date. You may also want to check the support website from time to time for possible updates about this issue. Further updates, if any, may come by way of a software update, knowledge base article or software release.

Apple does not yet have a complete understanding of the issue. Therefore, it is not possible for Apple to promise a solution or predict when any investigation will be complete.

I apologise for the inconvenience to you and hope that our Engineers find a solution shortly.

Uk Holidays in calendar not updating for year 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.