Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No valid purchase date

Hello!

I bought a used Macbook Air 2017 today. I checked the serial number on Apple's Check Coverage website and found that this laptop does NOT have a valid purchase date.

Is this an issue? Just wanted to understand whether I can get this Macbook serviced at iCare or Apple Authorized Service Centres in case I face any issues in future?

I understand:

• The fact that I cannot claim warranty. Warranty is already expired.
  • I will have to pay the service charges and for any part replacements

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 9:32 AM

Although it is usually required to have a "proof of purchase" when asking, for example, to remove activation lock on an iPhone, it is not always required for all services. However, it always pays to call ahead to see what your particular Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider requires.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 9:32 AM in response to macAks

Although it is usually required to have a "proof of purchase" when asking, for example, to remove activation lock on an iPhone, it is not always required for all services. However, it always pays to call ahead to see what your particular Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider requires.

No valid purchase date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.