Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchase date not validated MacBookPro

Hello community.

Im looking to buy a MacBook pro 16” late 2019, some random guy offered me one for a very good price.

But before buying it I insisted to check its serial number to see if it’s new/inactive or used. He gave it to me and I applied it into the official apple serial check and it only says: “purchase date not validated”. Should I contact apple with the receipt or the owner?

He told me that he can give me the receipt and if he entered it before buying it will start the standard warranty. What should I do in this case ? Please help

MacBook

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:29 AM

Apple can update the purchase date.

Correct the purchase date or expiration date for your AppleCare agreement - Apple Support

Make sure the seller follows the steps in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support, if not and the Mac becomes Activation Locked, you'll find that what was a good price for a Mac is exorbitantly expensive for a paperweight.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2020 9:29 AM in response to AbrahamJD

Apple can update the purchase date.

Correct the purchase date or expiration date for your AppleCare agreement - Apple Support

Make sure the seller follows the steps in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support, if not and the Mac becomes Activation Locked, you'll find that what was a good price for a Mac is exorbitantly expensive for a paperweight.

Purchase date not validated MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.