Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am not getting Iphoto opened.

I am not unable to open Iphoto. It says "iphoto isn't supported in this version of macOS. Please upgrade to Photos. I am using macOS big Sur 11.5.1 lates

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 5:31 AM

iPhoto cannot run on Big Sur. It needs old iLife system frameworks, that are no longer included in Big Sur. You can open your iPhoto Libraries with the Photos.app, that is coming preinstalled as a part of Big Sur. When you launch Photos the first time, it should automatically open the last used iPhoto Library for you and create a Photos Library from it. If this does not happen automatically, hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos. When the Library Chooser dialog appears, select your iPhoto Library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 5:31 AM in response to GauriSN

iPhoto cannot run on Big Sur. It needs old iLife system frameworks, that are no longer included in Big Sur. You can open your iPhoto Libraries with the Photos.app, that is coming preinstalled as a part of Big Sur. When you launch Photos the first time, it should automatically open the last used iPhoto Library for you and create a Photos Library from it. If this does not happen automatically, hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos. When the Library Chooser dialog appears, select your iPhoto Library.

i am not getting Iphoto opened.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.