Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nesting folders

Can you nest several folders within a folder in ios 14.7? I ran out of home screen space and I need to just consolidate some folders into a main folder, similar to like having sub folders within a main folder.

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 6:49 AM

yes, I have 24 folders. I was hoping to have one of the folder with a few sub-folders. For example, a folder would be named Travel and sub-folders titles Rentals, Hotels, Airlines etc.

9 replies

Aug 6, 2021 6:52 AM in response to 3019paul

Well since you can't do that, you can have folders on more than just one home screen. You are not limited to just one home screen. As mentioned, you can 11 home screens with 24 folders on each screen, each containing up to 135 applications.

This link might help you --> How to move apps and create folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Aug 6, 2021 6:44 AM in response to 3019paul

Unfortunately, you cannot place a folder of apps inside a folder of apps. You can add more apps to a folder, so you may need to reconfigure some of your folders to be perhaps broader and hold more applications as a possible solution. You can, I believe, hold up to 135 apps in a single folder. How many pages of folders do you have on your phone? You can have up to 11 home screen pages. Are you saying you currently have 11 pages of just folders, containing multiple apps in each folder?

nesting folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.