Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to hear calls sounds far away

Is anyone having issues with there sound on iphone 12 pro max ? When I make a call apparently I sound far away and when I put it on speaker n on a call when I turn the volume up because I can’t barely hear the other person the volume automatically goes back down ? I have factory reset it, I see 313 other people have the same issue but got no solution

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 12:36 PM

Thank you, I have taken all of the steps, and the call volume is too low to hear without speaker on or using headphones. I even factory reset my phone, wiped it off, removed screen covers etc. The call volume is too low to hear without headphones or using speaker which is not acceptable to take calls. It happened out of the blue 3 days ago after having this phone for 9 months.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2021 12:36 PM in response to brianj123

Thank you, I have taken all of the steps, and the call volume is too low to hear without speaker on or using headphones. I even factory reset my phone, wiped it off, removed screen covers etc. The call volume is too low to hear without headphones or using speaker which is not acceptable to take calls. It happened out of the blue 3 days ago after having this phone for 9 months.

Aug 7, 2021 12:06 PM in response to Kim220X

Hello Kim220X,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are experiencing some issues with your microphone during phone calls. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

If the sound from your iPhone is unclear when you are one calls, try going over the steps and suggestions provided in this helpful article to see if it helps the situation:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Let us know how it goes or if you encounter any issues. We hope this information helps.

Cheers.

Aug 7, 2021 12:24 PM in response to Kim220X

Understood. thanks for keeping us updated on this.

If the issue you are experiencing is with hearing others through the earpiece on your iPhone, try the steps provided in this helpful article that go over what to do if you cannot hear clearly through your earpiece:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

If you continue to experience issues, please try reaching out to Apple Support directly to go over additional options. You can use the following link to contact Apple: Get Support

Aug 7, 2021 12:14 PM in response to brianj123

Hi, thank you, but this did not work. My issue is hearing callers. The volume is too low and garbled on incoming calls or listening to voice mail. If I use speaker, or my AirPods, I can hear clearly. The volume is turned up to highest level, there are no screen protectors or cases or debris in the way. I cannot use my phone without headphones or the speaker.

Unable to hear calls sounds far away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.