Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System preferences not showing "Apple ID" anywhere

I just got my personal MacBook back from an Apple Authorized dealer for a battery swelling issue. The hard drive had to be wiped during the process. I use iCloud and connect to my work computer.

I am trying to reconnect my personal laptop to iCloud but I have no place to enter my Apple ID in "System Preferences." It loads without anything saying "Apple ID." I can log into iCloud and have turned on "share documents and desktop" but nothing is showing up.

My computer is also showing up as "temp's MacBook Pro." I've changed my name in Sharing. I note that because the tech logged in without setting up through an Apple ID and I wonder if that's the issue. I just really need my iCloud linkup back on this machine.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 7:08 PM

tcuslidgestaiano Said:

"System preferences not showing "Apple ID" anywhere: I just got my personal MacBook back from an Apple Authorized dealer for a battery swelling issue. The hard drive had to be wiped during the process. I use iCloud and connect to my work computer."

-------

Try the Following:

Create a new Administrator User, and see if this pops up.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 7:08 PM in response to tcuslidgestaiano

tcuslidgestaiano Said:

"System preferences not showing "Apple ID" anywhere: I just got my personal MacBook back from an Apple Authorized dealer for a battery swelling issue. The hard drive had to be wiped during the process. I use iCloud and connect to my work computer."

-------

Try the Following:

Create a new Administrator User, and see if this pops up.

System preferences not showing "Apple ID" anywhere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.