Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VW Apple CarPlay

I have a 2019 VW golf. I want to delete iphone from apple carplay and pair another phone. how do I do this?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 7:36 PM

To my knowledge, the vehicle does not need to have the iPhone removed. You should be able to plug the iPhone into the vehicle, open CarPlay in Settings and follow the screen prompts to connect that phone. I've connected my iPhone to cars I've rented that no one has ever removed phones from. I've even found a list of phones that have been paired to Bluetooth, and I was able to pair mine. I, however, always remove my stuff from the list. I'm not interested in others accessing my contacts. But, you can remove the vehicle from the old phone in Settings>General>CarPlay, select the vehicle, then select Forget This Vehicle.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 7:36 PM in response to FMercurio

To my knowledge, the vehicle does not need to have the iPhone removed. You should be able to plug the iPhone into the vehicle, open CarPlay in Settings and follow the screen prompts to connect that phone. I've connected my iPhone to cars I've rented that no one has ever removed phones from. I've even found a list of phones that have been paired to Bluetooth, and I was able to pair mine. I, however, always remove my stuff from the list. I'm not interested in others accessing my contacts. But, you can remove the vehicle from the old phone in Settings>General>CarPlay, select the vehicle, then select Forget This Vehicle.

VW Apple CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.