Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera is not working after iOS 14.7.1

Can anyone tell me how to fix my camera.

I’ve iPhone XS Max and after the 14.7.1 update my camera’s are not working both back and rear . Highly stressed can anyone please tell me how to fix it. Thank you

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 7:52 AM

nida227 wrote:

not working both back and rear .

Remove any case or film that might block the flash. ... If the LED flash doesn't work as a flashlight, contact Apple Support for help with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If the flash works only sometimes, open the Camera app and tap the flash button to choose a different setting.

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't ...

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2021 7:52 AM in response to nida227

nida227 wrote:

not working both back and rear .

Remove any case or film that might block the flash. ... If the LED flash doesn't work as a flashlight, contact Apple Support for help with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If the flash works only sometimes, open the Camera app and tap the flash button to choose a different setting.

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't ...

Aug 15, 2021 1:19 AM in response to eleonora94_

I contacted apple support who are looking into it now and will get back to me on thursday with the diagnostic reports i dont get why they dont just look at all these threads with people with the same issue after an update when i did say this to the guy on the phone his response was every issue is different… no its not were all facing one main issue the ios 14.7.1 update

Aug 19, 2021 2:23 PM in response to eleonora94_

After making me wait a week .. he wasted about 30 mins of my time to then come out with take it to apple or send it in they will charge you what they said and fix it … so pointless as what are they intending to fix rear camera doesnt work at all front works only on some apps and when you take a vid it switches off and vid is grey

Sep 2, 2021 7:44 AM in response to nida227

iPhone 14.7 .1 camera issues

Same here…. After installing iOS 14.7 .1 I am immediately getting iPhone camera issues. Is anyone else experiencing this? And do you have any fixes?

The Auto focus and white balance on my camera is totally screwed up in the iPhone camera app. When I take a photo it does not register and store the photo in the photos album. The same with portrait mode etc. The camera hardware it self seems to be fine because I can take normal photographs via WhatsApp and other apps. HELP!!!!!!

Sep 2, 2021 12:34 PM in response to nida227

I didn't even use the iphone 12 pro max which just bought from the Apple store, and after updating iOS to 14.7.1 this **** “important camera message” appeared. After that:

flash is not working, neither in the camera app nor from the control center,

sometimes the camera app is black, sometimes there is video, but you can't zoom out to ultra-wide or tele zoom in

Buttons often get stuck in the camera app.

So, I paid to Apple for an expensive phone because of a good camera and only got a charging cable and a cell phone without a camera, and support only advises replacing the camera which was sold broken to me. Not fair. Very disappointed.

Camera is not working after iOS 14.7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.