You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming from Apple TV app to Home Cinema not working

I have an Epson projector which can be connected to my iPad via HDMI and adaptor and can watch movies being streamed that way through various apps...but not Apple TV. Within a minute of movie or show starting it will stop, but only if HDMI/adaptor is connected. Movie/show will stream properly if I disconnect HDMI. When connected, movie seems to always stop at the same point and am wondering if it has something to do with settings. Other streaming apps work with my cinema no problem.

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 7:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 2:58 PM

If you covered the HDCP compliancy, then there may be additional content restrictions per app or service.

Apple TV+ content may be excluded from streaming though HDMI adaptors. You will need a supported HDMI device. All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Streaming from Apple TV app to Home Cinema not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.