Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I erase all content from a new iPhone to start over, will it erase all content from another iPhone that is using the same Apple ID?

I just bought a new iPhone for my husband. Unfortunately I set it up using my Apple ID. I assume his phone should have a different Apple ID? So, if I want to erase all content from his new phone (he previously had an Android), will it only erase the content on his phone or will it erase my info on my phone as well?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 7:58 AM

It shouldn't affect either phone.

He should have a different Apple ID than your Apple ID.

Apple ID - create a new.      *

Apple ID – Create   -

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.  

I suggest you use the steps in the article below to reset the new phone.

Selling/Giving Away Device.      

2 replies

Aug 7, 2021 8:12 AM in response to Ljwehr

It won't delete it if you erase it in the sense of resetting it. What you should not do is remove items in categories. For example, if you delete a photo by going to the Photos app and deleting it, the photos will also be deleted on your phone. Instead follow the steps in the Selling document provided in the Eric Root post. This will delete items in a way that won't affect your devices.

As regards to an Apple ID, this FAQ document provides guidelines for use: https://appleid.apple.com/faq

If I erase all content from a new iPhone to start over, will it erase all content from another iPhone that is using the same Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.