Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The internet on my iPhone SE is painfully slow

I just got an iPhone SE 2020 and my internet, while not on wifi, is painfully slow. I had an iPhone 6 before this one and it was much much faster. Tell the truth my internet doesn’t even work most times, again when not on wifi. Now I switched over and all my bs from previous old phone came over. Anyone know why this might be happening?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 6:57 PM

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear that, it must be very frustrating especially since its slower than an iPhone 6! But I am here to help out.

Here are some things you should try:

• Forget and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
  • Reset network settings. (Settings App > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings) (This will require you to reenter your Wifi passwords for known networks).
  • Try public wifi and see if that is slow too.
  • Restart your modem.
  • Update your iPhone
  • Update your modem (Refer to modem manual or contact your ISP)

If all else fails, then contact Apple. God forbid it might be an issue with the iPhone itself.

Good luck :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2021 6:57 PM in response to Motiuk

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear that, it must be very frustrating especially since its slower than an iPhone 6! But I am here to help out.

Here are some things you should try:

• Forget and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
  • Reset network settings. (Settings App > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings) (This will require you to reenter your Wifi passwords for known networks).
  • Try public wifi and see if that is slow too.
  • Restart your modem.
  • Update your iPhone
  • Update your modem (Refer to modem manual or contact your ISP)

If all else fails, then contact Apple. God forbid it might be an issue with the iPhone itself.

Good luck :)

The internet on my iPhone SE is painfully slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.