Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv

I have an acorn subscription through Apple TV but when I try to watch some shows or episodes acorn wants me to buy a subscription

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 6:48 AM

• There is the Apple TV app Channel for Acorn, which is hosted by Apple. It requires subscribing within the Apple TV app, as well as viewing inside the Apple TV app.
  • There is the separate Acorn app, which requires a different type of subscription, either through Acorn directly, or through Apple (on Apple devices). This subscription is not valid for the Apple TV app Channel for Acorn.
  • The separate Acorn app on third party devices may not recognize subscriptions on your Apple ID account. Then subscribe with Acorn directly.

Choose one and stick with it.

“An Acorn subscription through Apple TV” is a bit ambiguous, as it can relate to either one of these types off subscriptions, and these subscriptions are not exchangeable.

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Acorn TV app for iPhone, iPad or Apple TV box - App Store preview - Apple

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 6:48 AM in response to pstrickland

• There is the Apple TV app Channel for Acorn, which is hosted by Apple. It requires subscribing within the Apple TV app, as well as viewing inside the Apple TV app.
  • There is the separate Acorn app, which requires a different type of subscription, either through Acorn directly, or through Apple (on Apple devices). This subscription is not valid for the Apple TV app Channel for Acorn.
  • The separate Acorn app on third party devices may not recognize subscriptions on your Apple ID account. Then subscribe with Acorn directly.

Choose one and stick with it.

“An Acorn subscription through Apple TV” is a bit ambiguous, as it can relate to either one of these types off subscriptions, and these subscriptions are not exchangeable.

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Acorn TV app for iPhone, iPad or Apple TV box - App Store preview - Apple

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Aug 8, 2021 6:21 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Correction. Roger wilmut 1is right. I access acorn from the Apple TV icon not.Apple TV +. I access through the Apple TV icon

On the main screen of my Apple TV, then scroll down To my channels which is a row of icons for all the channels I subscribe and pay monthly fees through my Apple ID account. I pay $6.99 per month for Acorn and get an email every month advising I’ve been charged just like iCloud storage, etc. All other channels work fine. However Acorn Tv brings up a subscription screen, not even an option to sign in

Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.