Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv

I’m new to Apple TV. I’m just wondering how I can cast to my tv using chrome cast. Thanks

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 2:37 AM

You can’t. Your iPhone uses AirPlay for casting, and Chromecast is a different (competing) protocol.

A few third party iPhone apps may support Chromecast, but those have that ability built into their app; it is not a device-wide feature.

To use AirPlay, you need an AirPlay sending device and and AirPlay receiving device. Some TVs may have AirPlay built-in. Other TV will need an external streaming device to have this capability added, e.g. the Apple TV box. List of AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 2:37 AM in response to Narrawa

You can’t. Your iPhone uses AirPlay for casting, and Chromecast is a different (competing) protocol.

A few third party iPhone apps may support Chromecast, but those have that ability built into their app; it is not a device-wide feature.

To use AirPlay, you need an AirPlay sending device and and AirPlay receiving device. Some TVs may have AirPlay built-in. Other TV will need an external streaming device to have this capability added, e.g. the Apple TV box. List of AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple.

Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.