Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.8.3.1 won't connect to iPhone 12 Mini

I just bought the new iPhone 12 mini. All of the set up steps seemed to go ok until I tried to connect to iTunes on my MacBook Pro running mac OS 10.13.6, via a USB cable. At first it simply said it was not authorized or something, despite entering the password on the phone and "allowing" the phone on the laptop. So I ran some updates to ensure I had the latest iTunes (12.8.3.1) as well as the latest iTunes device update and the latest 10.13.6 security updates. The phone will still not connect to iTunes. It connected fine to Photos which is much older, Version 3.0 (3291.13.230) from 2017! I have tried alternating the USB ports, as well as trying different newer cords, non of which made a difference. Since the vast majority of my music library consists of years of CD's I have imported, I cannot get any of that music onto my new iPhone. Before buying the phone I had been reassured by multiple Apple store workers that it would not be a problem even with the Mac OS I am running.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 2:32 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 9, 2021 10:43 AM in response to bojoseph

Hello bojoseph,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities!

We see that your iPhone is not being seen in iTunes on your Mac running 10.13.6.

We’d be happy to help you!

The iPhone 12 mini is compatible with iTunes 12.8 or later on your Mac running El Capitan or later.

We’d recommend booting in a safe mode through the steps in How to use safe mode on your Mac to see if the iPhone connects to iTunes properly.

You can also follow any steps that you have not already in If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

Take care.

Aug 9, 2021 12:14 PM in response to bojoseph

For iOS 14 you need iTunes 12.8.2.3 or better running on OS X 10.11.6 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

If these steps haven't worked you can also try reinstalling iTunes12.8.2.3.dmg (El Capitan/Sierra) or iTunes12.8.3.1 (High Sierra) while your device is connected and unlocked.

tt2

iTunes 12.8.3.1 won't connect to iPhone 12 Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.