Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages not showing

Some of my messages from just a few contacts are not showing up on my new MacBook Pro. They show up on my iphone, ipad, and old MacBook but will not send or show up on the new one I got yesterday.

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 4:01 PM

I can't find text message forwarding

4 replies

Aug 8, 2021 5:43 PM in response to mcorn55

If messages aren't appearing on your Mac, make sure that you have Messages in iCloud enabled on all your devices. On your iPhone, go to iCloud settings by tapping your name at the top of Settings, and make sure that Messages is checked. On your Mac, open the Messages app, then go to preferences by clicking Messages in the menu bar. Under iMessage, make sure that "Enable Messages in iCloud" is checked.

Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

If you aren't receiving SMS messages on your Mac, make sure that Text Message Forwarding is enabled on your iPhone. Go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding is enabled for your new Mac.

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

If these steps don't work, try some of the other steps in this article: If you can’t send or receive messages on your Mac - Apple Support

Messages not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.