Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send Messages to any of my android contacts from Catalina

I just purchased a brand new Mac Book Pro. Only problem that I am having is that any message to an android user will not go through. It comes back Not Delivered. This happens only on my computer.

I can still send to them on my iPhone XR. Any suggestions? Thank you

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 12:51 PM

Hello, chrispynj.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read is that you're unable to send messages to Android users on your MacBook Pro. I got you covered and this can easily be explained. In order to send an SMS/MMS message you need a text-messaging plan, which is provided by a wireless carrier for cellphones. Contact your wireless carrier. Since the MacBook Pro isn't a cellular device, you won't be able to get a text message plan.

However, there is an alternative since you have an iPhone. You can set up text message forwarding that will allow you to be able to send those messages to your Android contacts. Check out the article on how to set this up: How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2019 12:51 PM in response to chrispynj

Hello, chrispynj.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read is that you're unable to send messages to Android users on your MacBook Pro. I got you covered and this can easily be explained. In order to send an SMS/MMS message you need a text-messaging plan, which is provided by a wireless carrier for cellphones. Contact your wireless carrier. Since the MacBook Pro isn't a cellular device, you won't be able to get a text message plan.

However, there is an alternative since you have an iPhone. You can set up text message forwarding that will allow you to be able to send those messages to your Android contacts. Check out the article on how to set this up: How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

Cheers!

Can't send Messages to any of my android contacts from Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.