Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email works with webmail and phone but not Mac

I have an email account from Bluehost (hosting provider) that works with webmail and the iPhone but I can't add it on my Mac. Any time I add the email and password, it says Unable to verify account name or password. I am using the latest update of Big Sur. I tried changing to a new password. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 7:58 AM

Jnote.org wrote:

Thanks, I can't get to the window to add port settings, etc. because I can't get Mail to approve my email and password. It's odd because that email and password works on the phone and on webmail so the information is correct. I'm really stumped. It suddenly stopped working yesterday without me changing anything.

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2021 7:58 AM in response to Jnote.org

Jnote.org wrote:

Thanks, I can't get to the window to add port settings, etc. because I can't get Mail to approve my email and password. It's odd because that email and password works on the phone and on webmail so the information is correct. I'm really stumped. It suddenly stopped working yesterday without me changing anything.

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Aug 9, 2021 4:12 AM in response to Jnote.org

If Mail on your Mac keeps asking for your password

Why is Mail asking for your password?

Mail asks for your password when it is connecting to your email provider, but can't connect to your email account because your email provider isn't accepting your email password.

Your email provider may reject your password for several reasons, including:

• You're not using your current email password. If you updated the password on another device, make sure that you're using the same password on your Mac.
  • Your email provider needs you to update or reset your password for security reasons. For example, if you're using Google’s two-step verification, your Gmail account in Mail requires the appropriate app-specific password.
  • Your email provider deactivated or suspended your account. Contact your email provider for help.
  •  

Email works with webmail and phone but not Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.