Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMAC does not recognize built-in camera

How do I get the built-in camera to work on my iMAC? Computer does not recognize the camera so no Apps can use it.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 8:06 AM

3 replies

Aug 21, 2021 5:29 PM in response to T-Bird 04

Please navigate to www.Etrecheck.com and download the free version of EtreCheck. Once you have you downloaded the app and installed it, please run the report and save it. This report will help us get a good idea what has been installed on your system and help us be able to diagnose what may be wrong.

When you have your report, you can attach it when you reply to this message and we can then review it and help you determine what is needed to get your system running well again. 

For instructions on how to download your EtreCheck report and attach it to your reply to this message please click https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

Aug 21, 2021 3:05 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Camera worked in safe mode but not after restart. I disconnected all peripherals, there are no apps in Login Items. I installed Big Sur after I first reported this issue. I installed the latest Big Sur update (11.5.2) today. Restarted in safe mode and camera worked. Restarted in normal and camera did not work. My computer is iMac Retina 5K 27" 2019. Processor is a 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5.

Any thoughts?

IMAC does not recognize built-in camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.