Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted malfunctioning AOL Account from Mail and now I cant add it back

Hi,

My AOL email account using Apple Mail (version 11.5) is suddenly not working and says "unable to verify account name or password." I went to AOL.com and I can login, so I know that the username and passwords are correct.

My computer is old (iMAc 11,2, MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6) and in the past AOL has instructed me to delete and re-add AOL for a more secure connection. Thinking this might work for this problem, I deleted my AOL email account from Apple Mail and now I cant re-add the AOL account. It still says "unable to verify account name or password".

I also tried generating a third party app password at AOL.com, but it doesnt work when I use it to sign into the Apple Mail, I guess becuase the AOL account was already deleted.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 1:43 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 9, 2021 2:42 PM in response to notsurewhattheproblemis

notsurewhattheproblemis wrote:

Hi,

My AOL email account using Apple Mail (version 11.5) is suddenly not working and says "unable to verify account name or password." I went to AOL.com and I can login, so I know that the username and passwords are correct.

My computer is old (iMAc 11,2, MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6) and in the past AOL has instructed me to delete and re-add AOL for a more secure connection. Thinking this might work for this problem, I deleted my AOL email account from Apple Mail and now I cant re-add the AOL account. It still says "unable to verify account name or password".

I also tried generating a third party app password at AOL.com, but it doesnt work when I use it to sign into the Apple Mail, I guess becuase the AOL account was already deleted.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Contact AOL or look at their support site.

Deleted malfunctioning AOL Account from Mail and now I cant add it back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.