Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use a second hand Macbook Pro with new Apple ID

I got this second hand Macbook Pro for free somewhere that I don't remember, but the problem is, is that when I try to log in with my Apple ID, it seems like it doesn't want to let me in the Mac. I can't see what's the problem with it. I used my Apple ID on Itunes, yet it worked, even after that was done, the Mac always says: "This item is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.", after I put in my Apple ID and password.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 6:07 AM

ezekiel179 wrote:

I got this second hand Macbook Pro for free somewhere that I don't remember, but the problem is, is that when I try to log in with my Apple ID, it seems like it doesn't want to let me in the Mac. I can't see what's the problem with it. I used my Apple ID on Itunes, yet it worked, even after that was done, the Mac always says: "This item is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.", after I put in my Apple ID and password.

Try the steps here—and start over.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your - Apple ...

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 6:07 AM in response to ezekiel179

ezekiel179 wrote:

Try the steps here—and start over.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your - Apple ...

Aug 10, 2021 3:49 PM in response to ezekiel179

ezekiel179 wrote:

I meant that I got the second hand Macbook Pro "from" somewhere... I am not going to give it away, I am just trying to use my new Apple ID account so I can use it myself, yet I don't have any other device from Apple.

erase the Mac, set it up as new. If you do not know how to do that, follow the instructions in the link above, ignore the "give it away" part in the title.

Aug 12, 2021 9:15 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I don't have any other devices from Apple. I've been using Android and Windows and this is the first time I'm trying to use an Apple product.

When I received the Macbook, the Mac had already been erased. Now I'm in the phase where I want to reinstall OS X from the Macintosh HD. Here, I input my Apple ID and after it says "Signing into App Store..." it then displays a message saying it's temporary unavailable. The Recovery HD is also locked. And this is where I'm stuck.

How to use a second hand Macbook Pro with new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.