Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

password of other macbook

I just got a new MacBook M1 Pro, and while signing in to Apple ID, one of the steps is to enter the password for my _other_ MacBook (2013 running Big Sur).

Incidentally I had the same password for both computers, so I entered that password. It then says "enter the password of your OTHER MacBook", as if it recognized and emphasized that I had entered the password of the local computer and not the other one. I tried this several times, making sure I typed it correctly, but same thing.

I then started up my old MacBook and changed the password. Went back to my new MacBook and signed out and in again to Apple ID, and went through the same process. When entering the new password it says it's incorrect, until after X attempts it just tells me I won't be able to fully use my Apple ID account. Clicking on Forgot Password here also just gives me the option of trying again or skipping this entirely, leaving my Apple ID in an incomplete state again.

Now, every time I open Apple ID it persists: Some account services will not be available until you sign in again. But I cannot get past this step due to the problem above...

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 2:13 AM

Hi! It is the process to enable icloud keychain.

You can try to enter old passwords you have used with your old macbook.

Similar questions

2 replies

password of other macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.