Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Significantly lower volume through earpiece on iPhone 11 Pro Max

When I bought my iPhone 11 Pro Max, I heard through receiver just fine. Now, I can only talk on speaker when I am on the phone. It is awful. I have cleaned the earpiece, and there is no damage to it. It simply just isn’t loud enough. My husbands receiver, with the volume up, can be heard two feet away, and I am hoping there is a way to fix this. With so much money I put into this phone, it sure is silly for the earpiece to fail, but is a big pain, as I cannot have privacy with my own phone calls anymore!!

I feel like this is defiantly a glitch, since I’m not the only one its happened to and I am surprised Apple hasn’t came up with a fix to resolve this issue on future models!! I would appreciate some insight on how to restore the volume on my phone, and rather not spend $50 to call Apple, and probably $200 to send it in for repairs, leaving me without a phone, which isn’t possible!

Hoping someone has some advice or tips!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 4:49 AM

Hello,

Is the speaker loud enough otherwise? How about music? What about when you use the wired headphones? How is the volume?

Start here:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

If no help, your only option is to have it checked:

Apple - Find Locations

Good luck.

1 reply

Significantly lower volume through earpiece on iPhone 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.