Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications- watch and phone

I swear I used to be able to receive notifications on both my watch and phone. I researched at one time how to make them not be deleted from my phone if I discarded them on my watch. I would see the notification on the watch for a news article for example and delete it because I was just going to read it later on my phone, but find out it was there no longer. :)

I went online and was able to find how to remedy the issue and of course can’t find it now that I have a replacement watch…does this sound familiar to anyone? Any helpful ideas?

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 12:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 12:45 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 11, 2021 10:35 AM in response to Community User

Thank you fieryjack.

I did speak to Apple support and they confirmed they did change that and now it works as you state, one or the other, location is determined dependent on the what you show above. Have a nice day . I’m going to leave feedback on their site because I prefer how it used to be. Thanks for responding.

Aug 11, 2021 11:04 AM in response to rebeccafromann arbor

rebeccafromann arbor wrote:

Thank you fieryjack.
I did speak to Apple support and they confirmed they did change that and now it works as you state, one or the other, location is determined dependent on the what you show above. Have a nice day . I’m going to leave feedback on their site because I prefer how it used to be.

For what it's worth, it has always been this way. A small but noticeable percentage of people have been complaining about it since the Watch was released. You should definitely submit feedback but don't hold your breath.

Notifications- watch and phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.