Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to Big Sur 15.1

I have a new M1 24-inch iMac with Big Sur 14.1. Should I update to 15.1? I’m concerned about possible impact on Final Cut Pro and iMovie.

Thanks for any feedback.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 1:53 AM

Big Sur - the latest version available for public release is version 11.5.1. It fixes bugs in earlier versions and also fixes a Security issue existing in version 11.5

Do you have a Rescue Plan In-Place. This comprises having 3 Backups using 2 methods and 1 Off Site incase of Theft, Loss or Natural Disasters. A Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS. For addition purposes - two Tested Bootable Clones each to separate external drives. This is insurance incase the upgrades goes sideways. At least one Tested Clone and / or Time Machine Backup should be Off - Site

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 1:53 AM in response to larenzod

Big Sur - the latest version available for public release is version 11.5.1. It fixes bugs in earlier versions and also fixes a Security issue existing in version 11.5

Do you have a Rescue Plan In-Place. This comprises having 3 Backups using 2 methods and 1 Off Site incase of Theft, Loss or Natural Disasters. A Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS. For addition purposes - two Tested Bootable Clones each to separate external drives. This is insurance incase the upgrades goes sideways. At least one Tested Clone and / or Time Machine Backup should be Off - Site

Update to Big Sur 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.