Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 pro not receiving any SMS from Android users

Text messages are no longer arriving on my iPhone 12 pro. I cannot receive messages from Android, Samsung, or other iPhone users (who have turned off iMessage). In the morning, I had no problems with my phone, but in the afternoon, it stopped working. 

Suddenly, I realized I wasn't getting the text messages. Although my friends' phones say that their texts were delivered, I'm not receiving their replies, despite them sending me the messages. 

My software has been updated, I've done a hard reset, I've switched off and on my iMessage, and I deleted all of my messages, but nothing has worked. I need a solution right away since I use my phone for work.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 2:48 AM

1 reply

Aug 12, 2021 6:02 AM in response to irfanaspl

Hello irfanaspl,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you’re not receiving SMS messages on your device. We’d like to help.

Take a look at the information in If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, specifically the “Learn more” section. “If you don't receive SMS messages, contact your carrier.” SMS and MMS message availability would be dependent on your cellular plan so any issue with sending or receiving SMS and MMS, you’d need to contact your carrier.

Take care.

iPhone 12 pro not receiving any SMS from Android users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.