Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon imageClass mf4890dw can't print after updating to macOS Big Sur 11.4

I have a printer Canon imageClass mf4890dw. It can't print after I updated OS to Big Sur 11.4. I tried to reset the printer, and download/install the drivers from Canon website. When I try to add printer, there is no driver for available for mf4890. The closest one is mf4800, but it doesn't work after adding the printer.

Mac Pro, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 10:59 AM

Here is the Canon support page for your printer,

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/laser/laserbase_mf_series/i-sensys_mf4890dw.html?type=drivers&language=en&os=macos%2011%20(big%20sur)

Make sure the operating selector is set to macOS 11 Big Sur.

There are three downloads available for you download and install each one.

Restart your mac and see if your printer will function.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 10:59 AM in response to fei132

Here is the Canon support page for your printer,

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/laser/laserbase_mf_series/i-sensys_mf4890dw.html?type=drivers&language=en&os=macos%2011%20(big%20sur)

Make sure the operating selector is set to macOS 11 Big Sur.

There are three downloads available for you download and install each one.

Restart your mac and see if your printer will function.

Canon imageClass mf4890dw can't print after updating to macOS Big Sur 11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.